Shamus LOVES meatballs. Like really LOVES them. He would eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner if we let him. Lately he has not been wanting to eat any veggies, so I decided to throw a spin on his favorite food and include greens and cheese! Next time I am going to add zucchini and carrots. Go mama, go!
- 1 lb organic ground chicken
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- fresh oregano
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. If the mixture seems too wet, add more breadcrumbs. If you don't have breadcrumbs, crush saltines or ritz crackers! They work just the same.
- Form mixture into meatballs of equal size. This will make about 25 mini meatballs, or 15 regular size meatballs. Place the formed meatballs onto baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper and drizzled with olive oil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (depending on the size of the meatballs), or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve plain or with a side of rice, potatoes or zucchini noodles!