Breakfast + Pizza sounds like the perfect combination, doesn't it? I think this is one of my favorite pizzas to date. The best part is you can make it for breakfast, lunch OR dinner. That alone makes this a winner. Then you have the baked eggs and tomato sauce combo. It is mouth-watering to say the least. I can't believe I waited this long to make a breakfast pizza! Happy Sunday y'all.
- Pizza Dough
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- turkey sausage, fully-cooked
- 3-4 slices bacon or pancetta, fully-cooked and chopped
- 3 eggs
- fresh parsley, chopped
- minced garlic & red pepper flakes, optional
- Allow dough to rest on countertop for 12 to 18 hours. This will allow it to double in size!
- Sprinkle the dough with a little flour so that it becomes less sticky and workable.
- Grease a cast iron skillet with the olive oil. Place the dough in the greased skillet, and flatten with oiled fingertips. Spread the dough close to the edges of the skillet.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F (or the highest temperature setting).
- Cover the pizza dough with marinara sauce. If you would like to add garlic and red pepper flakes, sprinkle over marinara.
- Top with a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese. Add cooked turkey sausage and bacon.
- Evenly crack the eggs on top of pizza. In order to avoid run off, try to place the eggs in between the toppings!
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the eggs are set to your liking. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.