Cinnamon Rolls are one of my most favorite things in the whole world, especially the extra fluffy and extra gooey ones! You know, the ones you get at the mall? My mouth is watering just thinking about them! Now you can enjoy them any time you want with this easy recipe. No need for a long list of ingredients. Just remember to leave yourself an additional hour to let your dough rise. This will quickly become a family favorite!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup almond or other nut milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 packet instant yeast
For the frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons almond or other nut milk
- Add nut milk and 3 tablespoons butter to a large saucepan, and warm over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool slightly (before transferring to a large bowl and adding yeast). Let yeast sit for 10 minutes, then add 2 tablespoons of sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Slowly add in flour, stirring frequently. Continue to stir until dough becomes thick. Place dough on a floured surface, knead for several minutes, then form into a ball. Place in a greased bowl and cover. Let the dough rise for at least 1 hour.
- Once dough has doubled in size, roll into a thin rectangle (don't forget to lightly flour your work surface!). Brush dough with melted butter, and top with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Next, tightly roll up the dough and place seam down on work space. Cut the dough into 1-2 inch sections (depending on how thick you want them), and place in a greased cast iron skillet.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Brush top of cinnamon rolls with melted butter. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat powdered sugar and nut milk over low heat until mixture thickens. Frost cinnamon rolls, and serve immediately.