Lemon anything and I am already convinced I will love it. Lemon + Coconut? Match made in heaven. Add extra lemon zest for extra tang! This recipe makes approximately 8-10 balls. Keep them refrigerated until serving, but I promise they won't last very long!
- 1 cup organic unsalted cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or honey
- zest of lemon
- pinch of salt
- Combine above ingredients into a food processor (I used my Magic bullet!). Pulse at high speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Form mixture into balls, and roll in extra coconut flakes. Place in the refrigerator until firm, and ENJOY!
* Recipe heavily adapted from Wholefood Simply.