Oatmeal is definitely the breakfast of champions. It is high in fiber, low in fat, and packs enough complex carbs to fuel your body for hours! Just because you are crunched for time in the mornings doesn't mean you can't enjoy a delicious breakfast.
I love that you don't need to cook the oats at all for this recipe! The oats absorb the liquid and soften overnight. Coconut yogurt gives these overnight oats an extra creaminess. I promise they won't disappoint.
Note: Add a scoop of protein powder to keep your protein levels high to start the day!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1- 1/2 cups SILK almond milk
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- Combine the oats, chia seeds, blueberries, almond extract, almond milk and coconut yogurt in a large bowl. Stir until combined. Split oat mixture between jars or other containers with lids. Chill overnight in the fridge.
- To serve: add any additional topping, as desired. I like to add a few splashes of almond milk and sprinkle with chia seeds, then top with fresh bananas! Granola and shredded coconut make great toppings as well!