Lots and lots of frozen bananas obviously means it is time to make banana bread. You all know that I am very devoted to my banana bread recipe. I have been baking it this way for the last few years, and I absolutely would not change a thing. Well, minus the occasional special twist: a crunchy cinnamon streusel topping!! I LOVE streusel toppings! I also decided to add fresh raspberries to make the ULTIMATE banana bread yet again. #nomnom
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon of honey (this is a newer addition to my favorite banana bread recipe!), or 1 tablespoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup raspberries, optional
For the Streusel Topping:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Slowly add in melted butter, and stir until crumbly. Refrigerate.
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl. Old frozen bananas are much sweeter!
- Mix in the sugar, eggs, oil, buttermilk, and honey (or vanilla/almond extract). Then mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Finally, add in the flour and mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture into a greased muffin or bread pan, and top with streusel topping. Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve with milky coffee and ENJOY!!