Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Obviously. And I have been on a major granola kick lately. I could eat handful after handful for a midnight snack. It's perfect with yogurt, or a few splashes of milk. Add some dark chocolate morsels or chocolate covered raisins and I'm in heaven.
Crunchy. Delicious. Healthy. Yum!!
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add butter to small saucepan, and heat over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes. Remove and set aside. Stir in honey and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, almonds, coconut, cinnamon and salt. Pour butter mixture over the oats, and stir until all oats are moistened. Use your hands if needed!!
- Spread mixture evenly on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, toss and then bake for 10 additional minutes, or until the mixture is golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Squeeze slightly cooled granola together with hands to create "clumps". Add chocolate morsels, or chocolate covered raisins, as desired!
- Let granola cool completely before eating. PERFECTION!