Happy February! I am so excited to share this recipe with y'all. It is quick, easy AND healthy. I bought pre-cooked roast chicken from Trader Joe's, so I was able to prepare this delicious weeknight dinner in about 20 minutes. Perfect, right?!
Have you ever cooked with Italian-style chicken broth? One word. AMAZING!! This tomato-infused broth is rich with the taste of parmesan, basil and roasted garlic. Most alfredo sauces are made with classic but not-so-good for you heavy cream. I decided to go a little healthier by using light cream cheese. It is still extra creamy, thick and flavorful.
For a little extra color, and pop of flavor, you can garnish with fresh oregano. Mangia!
- 1 cup italian-style chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Asparagus
- 1 lb Trader Joe's Roast Chicken Breast
- 1 lb Delallo Potato Gnocchi
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- Fresh Oregano, as desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place asparagus in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Coat lightly with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and roast 8-10 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken broth and flour. Add cream cheese to mixture.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in boiling water according to package instructions.
- Heat remaining olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add package of chicken, and cook until heated through.
- Add broth and cream cheese mixture to chicken in skillet. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened. Add gnocchi and asparagus, and stir until heated through.
- Sprinkle with fresh oregano, if desired.