I love everything that Sunday brunch has to offer! Well, minus a limited supply of coffee, long waits, and the fact that I can't wear my pajamas. That brings me to my next point. Why not just bring Sunday brunch to me? Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the occasional brunch splurge at my favorite restaurant, but most Sundays are now enjoyed in the comfort and coziness of my home. If you love breakfast food as much as I do, then I highly recommend investing in a simple waffle maker, or waffle iron.
After many failed attempts at the perfect homemade waffles, I am finally happy with my final recipe. These waffles are crisp on the outside, yet soft and fluffy on the inside. The vanilla extract adds a flavor that makes the waffles delicious on their own. However, whipped cream and strawberries are ALWAYS a good idea. Don't ever forget that.
- 1 - 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 - 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, corn starch and baking powder. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Add buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Batter may be slightly lumpy.
- Preheat waffle maker or waffle iron. Grease with non-stick spray, and cover with batter. Cook until golden brown (timing will vary depending on waffle maker).
- Serve immediately.