It is FREEZING outside!! The only good thing? Seasonal drinks are taking over coffee shop blackboards!! I recently discovered this drink at Starbucks, and LOVE it!! Therefore I decided to create a homemade version that I can enjoy anytime. Who can resist a cup of steaming, sugary goodness? And, if you want an extra buzz, swap in espresso for regular brewed coffee. Currently I am obsessing over my new french press from TJ Maxx. It seriously makes the BEST coffee ever!
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup of hot coffee
- 2 tablespoons cream, or 1/2 cup milk
- To make cinnamon syrup, combine water and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Heat on very low heat for approximately 5 minutes, whisking often.
- Remove from heat. Pour cinnamon syrup into a glass jar, and store in refrigerator.
- To make latte, combine 1 tablespoon cinnamon syrup, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and remaining ingredients. For a sweeter latte, add extra maple syrup.