One of my favorite "sweet" things is CAKE! And, because of that, I love creating recipes using a box of cake mix. Not only do they turn out delicious, but they are also super easy to make. The only additional ingredients you truly need are olive oil and eggs. I like to add a "twist" by using almond, vanilla, or even lemon extract. Yes ... LEMON extract! I am in love with all things lemon. Ok, now let's get baking!
- 1 box Lemon Cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon (or almond) extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Mix in eggs, olive oil and almond extract until well combined. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of powdered sugar. Roll dough balls around until they are lightly covered. Place lemon balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned. Serve warm with your favorite ice cream!
** You can use this recipe with any cake mix you choose! Cake mix + 2 eggs + 1/3 cup olive oil = perfection!!