Have you ever tried roasted raspberries? If not, then you are missing out! Roasted strawberries and blueberries rank high on my favorites list as well. AND, if we are making these amazing fruit toppings, then why not cook some french toast to smother with these delicious goodies. Almond extract and cinnamon bring a richness of flavor to create french toast perfection. How can you NOT love #breakfastfordinner?! Bon Appetit!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large baguette, or bread of choice
- ricotta cheese
- 1 small basket of fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- organic pure maple syrup
- Sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place fresh raspberries on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until darkened and slightly caramelized. Remove from oven, and let cool. Once cool, use a fork to puree and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, eggs, almond extract, cinnamon, and honey. Slice the baguette and soak pieces of bread in egg mixture.
- Prepare skillet with 1 tablespoon oil. Place individual bread slices on skillet, and cook over medium high heat, flipping once (or until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes per side).
- Now put it all together! Spread ricotta cheese on french toast slices. Top with roasted raspberries, fresh raspberries, and sliced almonds. Drizzle with maple syrup for extra amazingness!