My favorite recipes are the simple, no-fail ones. These are my go to recipes. The ones I make after a long day at work, or a lazy day at home! Besides, who doesn't LOVE breakfast for dinner?! My favorite thing about making pancakes is that the basic ingredients are usually ones that are ALWAYS in your house... no matter what. Now break out the butter, slather on the syrup (preferably an organic kind), and top with fresh fruit. AND, if you love pancakes as much as I do, then check out Hotcakes and High Heels!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups vanilla soy milk, or milk of choice
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and use a fork to stir until you no longer see clumps of flour. Be careful not to overmix the batter! Over-mixing will NOT make those light and fluffy pancakes we all love.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly brush skillet with olive oil, or melted butter. Spoon batter onto skillet with 1/4 cup measuring bowl.
- Flip pancakes when edges are lightly browned, and bubbles start to appear. Cook another 1-2 minutes, or until pancake is cooked in the middle.
- Serve warm, with melted butter, maple syrup or your favorite fruit!