Next year I am planting zucchini in my garden. I can't believe I haven't done so already! I love, love, LOVE zucchini! Zucchini bread, zucchini chips, zucchini cookies, zucchini pizza, zucchini PASTA! Zucchini noodles aren't difficult to make. All you need is Zucchini, and a slicer! If you own one, great! if not, buy one. I promise you will not regret it. Make your own basil pesto, or use store bought. This recipe is simple, healthy, and perfect for everyone in your family to enjoy!
- Olive Oil
- 3-4 Zucchini Squash, ends trimmed
- Basil Pesto*
- Tomatoes, of choice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese*
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice*
- Use a julienne peeler (or my favorite vegetable slicer by Paderno World Cuisine) to slice the zucchini into noodles.
- Combine zucchini and basil pesto. Toss until noodles are well coated. You can serve this pasta cold, or add the zucchini pesto noodles to a skillet and saute over medium high heat for several minutes.
- Top the pasta with sliced tomatoes, as desired.
* To Make your own Basil Pesto: Combine 2 cups fresh basil leaves and 2 cloves garlic in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Slowly add olive oil while food processor is on. Add lemon juice and parmesan cheese. Pulse until blended.