I'm slightly obsessed with donuts. And rainbow sprinkles. All I wanted today was a donut with my blueberry coffee, so I decided to BAKE a quick batch! Baked is better than fried, right?! Healthy donuts do exist in my mind! Make a variety of toppings and you will have guilt-free snacks for everyone in your life. This recipe makes about 6-8 donuts.
For the Donuts:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk, or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup greek vanilla bean yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
For the Glaze:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- extra rainbow sprinkles to sprinkle on top!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or grease donut pan with olive oil, or non-stick spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the soy milk, greek yogurt, and egg together in a separate bowl until smooth. Add the melted butter and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir. Do not over mix! Fold in rainbow sprinkles.
- Spoon the batter into donut pan. I used my favorite Marta Stewart batter dispenser, filling 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes before glazing.
- For the glaze: combine ingredients, and stir in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, and dunk each donut into the glaze. Set donuts on wire baking sheet, and sprinkle with extra rainbow sprinkles!