Breakfast + Cookies? I'm in love. Plus, they are vegan. These tasty treats are bursting with tangy-sweet raspberries, and creamy dark chocolate chips. How can you NOT want to eat chocolate for breakfast?! Enjoy your cookie with a side of fresh fruit, and a bowl of greek yogurt! #healthyeating
- 1 cup organic rolled oats (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup organic almond butter
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar (add more sugar, as desired) **
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried raspberries (Trader Joe's makes great freeze-dried fruits)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the applesauce and almond butter, then add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Scoop batter by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet, and bake for 14-16 minutes.
** Add more sugar, as desired. I like to keep these cookies healthy, but if you have a big sweet tooth just add more sugar (or substitute brown sugar). Add a spoonful of peanut butter on top of the warm cookies for an extra tasty treat. ENJOY!