I absolutely LOVE guacamole! I have tried several versions of the same recipe, and I think I have finally settled on a winner. This is my go-to recipe for parties, and quite possibly the reason I get invited. A versatile guacamole works perfectly as a solo dip with veggies or tortilla chips, or as a topping for burgers and sandwiches. Team it with a Spicy Hummus Dip for a delicious appetizer!
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic (add more as desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime (i like to cut in half, and grill on a skillet to produce more juice)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mash up the avocados with a fork (I like to leave chunks of avocado, but mash to your desired consistently).
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped onion, diced mango, salt, pepper, cilantro, chile pepper, and minced garlic. Let flavors blend for 20-30 minutes. Fold in the avocado.
- Add the lime juice, and mix again.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, on burgers and sandwiches, or as a layer in your favorite taco dip.