I guess that I officially have a passion for cooking and baking! I love trying new things, and experimenting with recipes and ingredients. Today I decided to bake a favorite of mine: banana nut bread. My mom always used to make banana bread when we were growing up. It always made the house smell SO GOOD! Of course I think that my recipe is the best, but there are a lot of yummy banana bread and muffin recipes. The best thing about banana bread is that you can add so many things to it: chocolate chips, blueberries, or walnuts - just to name a few. Feel free to share your favorite variation!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups flours
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon of honey (this is a newer addition to my favorite banana bread recipe!), or 1 tablespoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl. Old frozen bananas are much sweeter!
- Mix in the sugar, eggs, oil, buttermilk, and honey (or vanilla/almond extract). Then mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Finally, add in the flour and mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture into a greased muffin or bread pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Top warm muffins or bread with powdered sugar, as desired. Serve with milky coffee and ENJOY!!