Roasted butternut squash is my FAVORITE! During the fall and winter, I find myself making a batch of it almost weekly. It is naturally sweet, low in calories, and full of vitamins. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and super healthy. It would absolutely be a great addition to your upcoming holiday dinners, or you can serve it cold on top of salads for lunch. The best part? My house smells absolutely AMAZING right now! Exactly how I imagine fall should.
- 2 lbs butternut squash (peeled, cubed and seeded)
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (optional, but protects baking sheets when sugars caramelize).
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl, and toss to coat evenly. Spread the cubes of squash on the baking sheets.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then turn on broiler for 2 minutes longer to caramelize (be careful not to let the squash burn!).