If you had asked me what chorizo was 5 years ago, I probably would not have been able to tell you. The ingredients I use have changed dramatically over the last few years, especially since I started this blog. I now find myself pairing ingredients that would have never even entered my shopping basket in the past.
I have recently become a huge fan of this Soy Chorizo from Trader Joe's. I usually make delicious omelets with it, but decided to give it a try with my favorite potato dumplings. Combine it with spinach, tomatoes and onion, and you have a delicious, easy, and HEALTHY meal that even your pickiest eaters will enjoy.
- 6 oz Trader Joe's soy chorizo (1/2 package)
- 1 package potato gnocchi
- 5 oz chopped spinach (1/2 frozen package)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Fire Roasted Garlic diced tomatoes
- 1 small package mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, then drain, and add to baking dish.
- Saute onions in frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add the chorizo to heated frying pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chopped spinach and diced tomatoes. Heat through, then pour mixture over the gnocchi.
- Tear the fresh mozzarella into pieces and scatter throughout gnocchi mixture. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until bubbly and golden.